Modification of Child Support or Spousal Maintenance in Minnesota

The law does not expect your life to remain exactly as it was when you were divorced or when custody of your child was established. If you have changed jobs, been laid-off, become ill or disabled, you may be able to modify your child support or spousal support payments. At Robinson | Duffy, PLLC, we help individuals modify their financial commitments to better reflect their current and actual lives.

There are situations, however, where a modification is not warranted but still requested. In order for a Minnesota court to modify a child support or spousal maintenance award, there has to be a substantial change in circumstances. Our attorneys help clients oppose modification motions where the change is not substantial or the change in circumstances was voluntary and in an attempt to avoid paying support.

Contact Our Experienced Minneapolis Family Law Attorneys Today

Contact our experienced lawyers today for more information.

Thoughts from a Client ...

"I have had the privilege to work with Jillian Duffy over the past 3 years, and there's nothing I wouldn't entrust in her. She's honest, fair, straight to the point, no BS, but best of all, hilarious. She takes difficult situations and finds a way to make them feel easy. If you're living in reality and can think logically, you will not find better representation. Now, if you're floating around in the clouds with the rainbows and unicorns, expect your bubble to get popped."

– J.H.