Minneapolis Family Law and Divorce Limited-Scope Representation
When you cannot afford to pay for an attorney to handle your entire case, limited-scope representation can be a great way for you to retain legal services on a limited basis to keep your costs down. Limited-scope representation allows you to hire an attorney for assistance on a specific task related to your legal action, including a divorce or other family law matter. This is different from more traditional arrangements between attorneys and clients where an attorney is hired to provide legal services on all aspects of a case, from start to finish.
Some examples of limited-scope arrangements include:
- Reviewing legal documents you’ve prepared either by you or the other party’s attorney
- Preparing/drafting court pleadings, forms, or other documents
- Drafting stipulations and other agreements reached at mediation
- Attending mediation or other settlement meetings with you
- Representing you at a court hearing
- Representing you at an early neutral evaluation
- Assisting with discovery and legal research
Contact Our Experienced Minneapolis Family Law Attorneys Today
The attorneys at Robinson | Duffy, PLLC will work with you to create a limited-scope arrangement whereby you can get as much legal assistance as you feel is necessary to protect your rights, follow proper court procedures, and have the help of a family law / divorce attorney during the more complicated parts of your case. Not every case is appropriate for limited-scope representation. Please contact us to discuss if limited-scope representation is right for your case.