Enforcement of Minnesota Family and Divorce Court Orders

Obtaining a court order is an essential step in all family law matters; however, the ability to enforce the order is the most meaningful part of the process to most people. The courts in Minnesota have the power to enter “contempt” orders against persons who disobey court orders. Contempt orders may include sentencing a person to jail, assessing fines against him or her, ordering the party to pay attorney’s fees and expenses, and other remedies. If the other party has failed to abide by the terms of a custody or support order, you can seek to use these powers of the court to enforce compliance.

At Robinson | Duffy, PLLC we can assist you in obtaining enforcement of Minnesota parenting time, child support or spousal maintenance orders. Our attorneys are experienced in representing both parties in these matters, whether you are seeking to enforce an order, or if you are contesting an enforcement attempt.

Understanding what avenues are available, and what a particular judge is likely to do, are very important aspects of representing clients who seek enforcement orders. You want an experienced attorney to protect your interests, one who knows and understands the law and who has successfully helped others in similar situations.

Contact Our Experienced Minneapolis Family Law Attorneys Today

Contact our experienced lawyers today for more information.